The sure way to a Happy Father’s Day is through a special meal celebrating Dad with a hearty entree he’ll really enjoy. The Father’s Day celebration meal also should be one that kids can succeed in preparing, with a little help. Among the great options that fit this description, Beef Stroganoff is a stand-out.
Beef Stroganoff is a special dish, worthy of featuring as the entree at a celebration dinner—universally popular with dads and kids alike, hearty, beautiful, delicious, and comparatively simple to prepare. We can recommend this scrumptious recipe for classic Beef Stroganoff recipe.
3 cups hot cooked egg noodles
1 1/2 pounds sirloin steak (cut into small pieces)
1 1/2 cups beef-flavored broth (or bouillon)
1 1/2 cups sour cream
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
2 medium-sized white onions (sliced thinly)
8 ounces (about 2 1/2 cups) fresh mushrooms (sliced)
1/4 cup of butter or margarine (softened)
1 clove garlic (chopped finely)
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1/2 teaspoon salt
1) Cut the beef steak across the grain, into cubes approximately 1″ x 1/2″ pieces.
2) In a 10″ skillet, cook the mushrooms, onions and garlic over medium heat until onions are tender. Stir occasionally. Remove from skillet and set aside.
3) In the same skillet, cook the beef until brown.
4) Stir in just 1 cup of the broth. Add Worcestershire sauce and the salt. Heat until boiling, then reduce the heat. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
5) In a bowl, stir the remaining 1/2 cup of beef broth into the flour. Then stir this broth mixture into the beef mixture that is cooking in the skillet.
6) Add the onion mixture to the skillet. Heat until boiling, while stirring constantly. Let the mixture boil while stirring gently for 1 minute.
7) Gently fold the sour cream into the mixture. (Do not stir it in.) Heat very briefly until sour cream is hot. Pour over the noodles, and serve.
Place decorative parsley, cherrie tomato halves, or other special garnishes at the edge of the plate, to add flair, serving Dad a uniquely pretty and delicious dish on his special day.
Follow up this hearty meal with a special dessert from the lighter end of Dad’s list of favorites.